You may have noticed that my blog and Instagram have been pretty quiet over the past so many months (with the exception of instastories). I wanted to briefly address why as i don't plan on doing a 'life update' post because i want my blog to remain mostly beauty, and not about my personal life. I am all for sharing a little about my life through instastory and the occasional Instagram photo, but I'm not one for sharing all of life's struggles or negativity's. Through social media platforms we have the ability to share with the world what we like, and often we share the best parts of our lives. Many of you see me as a this super mom to 4 kids, who is outgoing, optimistic and very kind. I am all of those things, but i am also someone who has gone through many difficulties in my life, and tried not to let them hold me back. Life isn't always so wonderful for me being a single mom in this beautiful countryside setting. Raising 4 children by yourself can be very difficult and is most definitely tiring. Then you add a part time at home job and blogging on top of that, i barely have a spare minute to myself in the day. Up until recently i felt strong, blessed and empowered. Losing 2 family members in the space of 5 months has been hard, and has shown me just how quick things can change. It's taken its toll on my health.... mentally and physically! I have found myself feeling mentally drained, and physically deflated for quite some time, that i find it very difficult to even focus and concentrate anymore. Blogposts that would usually take a day to write now take me weeks (like this one) and i currently have over 100 drafts where i start a post but never finish. I am trying to take care of myself as well as keep out there on my blog, so all that i ask is that you bare with me and be patient. I really cannot thank those of you who have giving me extra support over the past 6 months, i really have seen just how many beautiful souls there are out there in the world. You have no idea how much the support has helped me get through the past half year. It's thanks to you that i realised i needed to take care of myself, and i have started setting a little time aside each evening to take care of myself, and it has helped me feel a little more like my old self. One of my favourite things to do is nurture my skin, with a relaxing and holistic experience. For those few minutes that i close the bathroom door and indulge in therapeutic skincare products to lift my mood, i forget my problems and feel like i escape my life for a short while. I have spent so much time browsing the Content Beauty website, finding new wonderful products to treat and indulge my skin in which help to lift my mood and my senses.
If you have never heard of Content Beauty & Wellbeing it is a Niche Organic and Natural lifestyle website, founded by the knowledgeable Imelda Burke, that specialises in Clean Beauty products. Content do have a physical store which is situated in London (which i will be visiting in a couple of weeks). I first discovered Content back in 2015 when i wanted to replenish my Pai Rosehip Oil. Shortly after i discovered the Kypris Antioxidant Dew and my passion for green beauty grew from there. Content Beauty is most definitely my favourite green beauty retailer and i have discovered so many wonderful organic and clean skincare and makeup brands through them. Many of which have become firm favourites and staples in my routine today! Content stock a good array of brands including some popular luxurious brands like Tata Harper, Kjaer Weis, May Lindstrom & Odacite. They also stocking many smaller, small-batch brands like Guy Morgan Apothecary, Lina Hanson, A.S Apothecary and Amly Botanicals (who actually make my all time favourite face mist) that might not be so mainstream. I have honestly discovered so many hidden gems through this website. Now if only they stocked Jane Scrivner, Antonia Burell, Mun & Mahalo skin care, then i could get all of my green beauty obsessions in one place. I have so many products from Content that i wanted to share with you all but as there is so much i decided to make it a mini series. Otherwise this would have been a very lengthy post. This post will be part 1.
I became much more beauty conscious last year, especially with my skincare. Today around 80% of the skincare products i own are Organic or Natural, and a good 90% is cruelty free! I feel that there will always be a place in my life for some scientific skincare products, especially with Perricone MD and Cosrx being two of my favourite skincare brands; but overall i am enjoying the results that clean beauty products have given me. However being beauty conscious means that i look at the ingredients list in thorough detail now, avoiding certain toxic and irritating ingredients. I also really research into the background of all of the brands that i use. If i am going to be sharing or 'promoting' their products, then i want to agree with their ethos and values. As a beauty blogger it can be difficult trying to balance what you want and what others want to see, so my entire collection is not cruelty free as i do receive products from non-cf companies. However i am personally mindful when it comes to what i spend my money on.
If you are thinking about going more clean and organic with your beauty routine (like the lovely Emma Watson & Jessica Alba) then Content Beauty & Well Being really is a wonderful place to begin. Initially when you see all the brands that they carry it can feel a little overwhelming knowing where to start. Kind of like walking into a MAC store. However Content have a wonderful feature where you can browse/shop by skin type - (for instance: Anti-Ageing, Combination & Oily, Rosacea & Eczema, Fragrance Free and much more). I discovered many of the wonderful products i love today searching under the 'Combination & Oily' feature. You can also shop by Category and shop by Ethos (ie. British Brands, Small Batch Brands, Organic Brands, Certified Cruelty Free, Vegan and Gluten Free etc). For Content to stay Niche they only stock a small select amount of products from each brand. So you might find that they don't stock every item from the brand that you love (for instance they don't carry any of Oskia face serums). They not only stock skincare but they also stock Health and Wellbeing products (supplements etc), Cosmetics, Body & Bath, Perfume and Haircare.
You will always find something to read on the Content website and can enjoy many informational articles here, if you are someone who likes to keep up with the latest trends and discussions. In fact Content Wellbeing has been voted one of the Top 10 Health & Wellbeing Blogs and is one of the Top 40 Beauty Blogs in the World! Each month they bring us the latest news and tips from the world of organic beauty & clean living. Some topics to highlight are: the wonderful 'Meet the Founder/Maker' series, where they share a brand founders story. They also have product guides on popular or unknown products and they even have informative videos if you are more of a visual person. I also really enjoy the brand spotlight as it helps me to discover new brands and products. I even found a teeny The Bloggers corner (a girl can dream that she will be on there one day) I actually think that Arly would be a great b logger post. So since i have discussed a little about Content Beauty & Wellbeing with you, lets take a look at 10 of my favourite products that Content stock.....
1. TATA HARPER NOURISHING OIL CLEANSER - £54 | The Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser is a face cleanser made from a beautiful blend of botanical oils. Rich in Omegas, Beta Carotene, Lycopene and Vitamins A, C and E this decadently silky oil-blend helps to dissolve make-up and daily impurities deep down within the pores, but still leaving your skin's moisture barrier intact. The Nourishing Oil Cleanser does both the jobs of purifying and nourishing the skin. Leaving your skin clean, soft and refreshed without leaving any type of residue behind. It uses oils like Sunflower, Jojoba and Camellia which are suitable for all skin types. Although this is designed to be used as a first cleanse cleanser, i personally feel that it contains too many skin-loving ingredients to be used just to destroy make-up! For £54 its just too much money to waste on removing makeup and sunscreen, though it does do a wonderful job of doing so. I find that it functions better as a second cleanse to help strengthen my skin's hydration levels. It's also great for removing tough eye makeup, simply saturate a cotton pad and gently rub over the eyes to remove everything without any irritation. I thoroughly enjoy giving my face a good massage with this oil and it also emulsifies beautifully, so there is no need for a washcloth if desired. I usually opt for this at night time, but i also used it in the mornings sometimes throughout the winter months (when my skin was a little drier). Every time i use this cleanser my skin is always left feeling incredibly soft, supple and hydrated. The only flaw i find with this and all of Tata's pretty green bottles is the pumps. For the high price tag it shouldn't be such a hassle to get a product out. However the quality of the product inside makes the extra hassle of getting it out worth while for me. I do think for the high price tag though that its something that should be fixed! This cleanser is Eco friendly, Cruelty free, Gluten free and suitable for Vegans.
US Stockists: $72 via Tata Harper, Sephora, Nordstrom & The Detox Market
Ingredients: Rosa Canina Seed oil*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Olea europea (Olive) Oil*, Argania spinosa (Argan) Kernel oil*, Plukenetia (Sacha Inchi) Volubilis, Jojoba Esters, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Aroma**, Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) Extract*, Arnica montana (Arnica) Leaves and flowers*, Calendula officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*, Symphytum officinale (Comfrey) Leaves*, Borago officinalis (Borage) Leaf Extract*, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) flower Extract*, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract *Ingredients from organic farming **
2. OSKIA RENAISSANCE CLEANSING GEL - £29.50 | The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is a beautiful vitamin enriched, non-foaming gel-to-oil based cleanser that turns into a beautiful milk upon contact with water. It helps to gently exfoliate (chemically not physically ) and has anti-inflammatory properties making it suitable for all skin types. Those with normal to combination skin, or dull lack-lustre skin will love this. Rich in Vitamins A, C & E, Omega 6, Rose, Chamomile and Pumpkin Enzymes this delicate yet powerful cleanser helps to remove all traces of makeup, sunscreen and impurities. Leaving your skin nourished, balanced and looking brighter. The Pumpkin Enzymes help to cleanse the pores deep down and gently remove dead skin cells without the use of an AHA or BHA, which is what makes this cleanser so gentle (i much prefer the term dull skin cells, than dead though). Those who suffer with blemishes, breakouts and acne (and have acne scarring) would really enjoy this cleanser. Simply massage into the skin and gently wipe away with a warm damp washcloth for clean, refreshed illuminated skin. The cleanser is fragrance free and suitable for Vegans.
Currently no USA Stockist, however Cult Beauty ships Worldwide
Ingredients: caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, aqua, cetearyl olivate, sucrose laurate, benzyl alcohol, sorbitan olivate, sucrose palmitate, parfum (natural), geraniol, dimethyl sulfone, citronellol, dehydroacetic acid, lactobacillus/cucurbita pepo fruit ferment extract, borago officinalis seed oil, sucrose stearate, linalool, retinyl palmitate, ci 77491, jojoba esters, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate
3. MAY LINDSTROM THE HONEY MUD - £87 | The May Lindstrom Honey Mud is a beautiful union of raw honey, white halloysite clay and pure plant oils that acts as either a treatment cleanser or mask. It not only offers a soothing physical experience, but an aromatic sensory experience for those who really like to just close the bathroom door and truly pamper themselves in every aspect. Almost indistinguishable for a creamy chocolate pudding, this multi-tasking cleanser/mask glides across the skin like silk, and dries to an almost tacky finish. It infuses the skin with active enzymes to help remove pollutants from the skin, whilst also nourishing and hydrating at the same time. Something that a lot of other clay-based masks don't do! The result is calm, balanced, super soft clear skin. If you need a gentle detoxifying face mask to restart your skin, or have irritated angry skin then this mask is perfect. Though this is labelled as a cleanser/mask hybrid, the price tag is far too high to waste this as a cleanser. I want the beautiful ingredients to sit on my skin for as long as possible. I thoroughly enjoy cherishing this decadent mask every fortnight on my kid-free weekends. Where i can indulge myself in a relaxing bubble bath, enjoying the cooling sensation and sweet aroma of this beautiful mask. The Honey Mud is hand crafted by May and her small team in the USA. It is also cruelty free, wheat and gluten free and suitable for vegans.
US Stockists: $90 via May Lindstrom, Net-a-Porter, BeautyLish, Eco Diva, LeVert Beauty & Integrity Botanicals
Ingredients: *** raw honey with bee pollen and propolis, white halloysite clay, * macadamia integrifolia (macadamia nut oil), * hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), theobroma cacao (cocoa absolute) oil, * citrus sinensis (sweet orange) oil, * cananga odorata (ylang-ylang) oil, * vanilla planifolia (vanilla) co2 total essential oil, * juniperus virginiana (cedarwood) oil, ** boswellia carteri (frankincense) oil, ** commiphora myrrha (myrrh) oil, argentum metallicum (silver). *certified organic **wild harvested ***collected from unsprayed and unfertilized local California wildflowers
4. AMLY 'RADIANCE BOOST' SILVER RICH FACIAL MIST - £42 | I've lost count of the amount of times i have raved about this delightful floral mist and i would go as far as to say that it is my favourite face mist ever!!! Quite a bold statement i know. The Amly Silver Rich Face Mist is a beautiful light-weight hydrating and toning mist, packed full of Silver-rich Spring Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides and Wild Plant Probiotics. Essential oils like Neroli, Jasmine, Rose Otto & Chamomile not only help to add the therapeutic intoxicating scent, but blended with the Copper Peptides and Nourishing plant probiotics this super-mist helps to soothe, awaken and refresh the skin. The toner has a delicate uplifting floral-scent that really is reminiscent of a summers walk through the wild countryside fields. I should know as i am blessed to reside in the beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside. In fact all of the ingredients within this beautiful mist are sourced and hand picked around the founders Farm Land, which is situated in East Sussex UK. Each and every bottle is handmade with love and tender care, which i think makes me appreciate it so much more. The Amly mist helps to revitalise, hydrate and illuminate the skin and is great for all skin types (yes even oily). I like that the nozzle sprays a very fine mist... simply shake well, close your eyes and spray liberally inhaling deeply, to allow the aromatic oils to stimulate your senses. Your skin is left hydrated and illuminated, whilst your mind is left calm and revitalised. In my opinion this mist is a lot more pleasant than the popular May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden which is like £30 more. I ended up giving it to my friend Jason to enjoy instead. I love the Amly mist so much that I'm now on my 2nd bottle in under a year. Oh yes, Amly have created a sister mist (Digital Detox) which released this week, so watch this space to find out more about it. It's also free of synthetic fragrance & parabens, is cruelty-free and is suitable for Vegans.
US Stockists: $58 via Seed To Serum & Integrity Botanicals
US Stockists: $58 via Seed To Serum & Integrity Botanicals
Ingredients: Aqua, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (***Sweet Orange) Flower Water, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Aloe Barbadensis (***Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Glycerin (Vegetable), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Flower Extract, Hypericum Perforatum (St John’s Wort) Leaf Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus Berry) Flower Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Crataegus Monogyna (Hawthorn Berry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elderflower) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Hydrolysed Hyaluronic Acid, Bis (Tripeptide-1) Copper Acetate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Peptide, *Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Flower Oil, *Tilia Cordata (Linden) Flower Oil, *Rosa Damascena (Rose Otto) Flower Oil, *Boswellia Carteri (Olibanum) Gum Oil, *Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Absolute Flower Oil, *Matricaria Chamomilla, Glucose, Benzyl Alcohol, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Silver Citrate, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, **Limonene, **Linalool, **Geraniol, **Citral, **Farnesol, **Citronellol, **Benzyl Benzoate *Natural Pure Essential Oils **Potential Allergens ***Certified Organic Ingredients
5. KYPRIS ANTIOXIDANT DEW - £69 | You know when you get a little fed up with your favourite blogger raving about the same product that they just can't get enough of, over and over again?.... well this is one of those products that i will never stop raving about! My last bottle lasted me around 8 months and i used it almost daily. Despite having many other serums in my collection, i just couldn't live without this in my collection. So i purchased it again, as i just feel safe knowing it's there! If i honestly had to pick just one day serum for the rest of my life it would probably be this or the Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Serum (which i have repurchased constantly for 5 years now). The Kypris Antioxidant Dew is a milky, feather-light face serum with clinically proven actives such as 'phospholipid encapsulated antioxidants' that help target free radicals, and botanicals that calm and soothe any inflammation. It's an intense hydration serum, that those with oily skin can use alone without the need of a moisturiser to follow up - especially during the warmer months. It's suitable for most skin types and is especially beneficial for those with environmentally stressed, acneic or imbalanced complexions; Helping to restore your skins strength and adding vitality and radiance. A blend of 26 Active Natural Ingredients create this beautiful milky potion, like Vitamins C & E, Ferulic Acid, Rose Extracts, Sea Algae Extracts (which helps to hydrate the skin without overwhelming pores), Waltheria Indica (botanical mallow plant that helps to brighten dull skin), Reed Extract & Tamanu Oil (to calm and heal the skin). It is also cruelty free and gluten free. I guarantee you wont regret adding this serum into your routine.
US Stockists: $72 via Seed To Serum, Petit Vour, Goop & The Detox Market
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Xylitylglucoside, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Algae, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phospholipids, Phragmites Communis (Reed) Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Xylitol, Anhydroxylitol, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Calophyllum Inophylum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Superoxide Dismutase, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mannitol, Dextrin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sodium Anisate, Sodium Levulinate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Xanthan Gum
6. ODACITE GT + L RADIANCE EFFECT BOOSTER CONCENTRATE - £34 | The Odacite Radiance Effect Boosters are adorably-sized concentrated booster-serums, that can be added into your moisturiser to fix a targeted skincare concern. Each of Odacites concentrate boosters are a combination of ancient medicinal plant knowledge with the research and clinical studies of modern science, combined together to create powerful skin boosters. Each drop contains a concentrated dose of vitamins and antioxidants, and is an active source of plant collagen which is essential for our skins regeneration as well as detoxification. The Gt + L booster's aim is to add radiance to dull or lack-lustre skin, something i always look for in my skincare products since England has me looking ashy all the time lol. The letters Gt stands for Green Tea and the L stands for Lemongrass. Both Lemongrass and Green Tea are ingredients i thoroughly enjoy in my diet, as well as in my skincare. Both the ingredients combined in a skincare product helps to add beautiful luminosity and radiance to the skin. Antioxidant-rich Camellia Seed Oil is extracted from the seeds of Green Tea, which is known to be the beauty secret behind the Japanese Geishas' radiant skin. Lemongrass is known for its astringent and toning properties and in aromatherapy it has the ability to help revitalise, calm, invigorate and relieve tension. The serum is vegan friendly and gluten free. I cannot wait to try more boosters.
US Stockists: $39 via Odacite, Nordstrom, The Detox Market, W3ll People and Vert Beauty.
Ingredients: Highest-grade certified virgin organic Camellia (Camellia oleifera) seed oil, Certified GMO-free Vitamin E (Tocopherols) oil, Certified organic Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) essential oil.
7. GUY MORGAN SALEM ROSE HAIR & NAIL OIL* - £38.50 | I was actually one of the very lucky competition winners on Instagram where i won this hair & nail oil from Guy himself. Though i really wanted to try the Black Thorn Facial Oil, the moment Guy told me that his Salem Rose oil could help me with my brittle nails, i opted for this instead... and i'm very glad i did! The Guy Morgan Salem Rose Oil can be used on hair, scalp, eyebrows, beard hair, nails and cuticles. It features a base of organic Sweet Almond, Jojoba, and Coconut Oils to help with conditioning. Organic Lavender, Rosemary & Blue Atlas Cedarwood are included for their treating qualities of hair and nails, and all of the essential oils are in very low quantities so that they don't irritate the skin. Organic Castor Oil is included for its high vitamin E content, as well as fatty acids and omegas 6 & 9. Guy really wanted to develop this oil to help strengthen and condition both hair and nails, whilst also encouraging healthy growth. Despite this being called 'Rose Oil' the Rose actually comes from the inclusion of Rosemary Extract (not Rose itself) which helps give it it's delicately herbal, slightly-floral scent. I find the subtle smell really refreshing and enlightening, and i like that it doesn't feel greasy on my fingers either. My nails are very thick and strong, but they are also brittle and chip rather easily, becoming jagged and sharp. I also have extremely dry cuticles (it probably doesn't help that i have the horrid habit of biting them, but its so hard as its an anxiety thing i have done my entire life). So this oil has been a God-send for me, really helping to strengthen my nails (both fingers & toes) and softens the skin around my cuticles. This nutrient-rich oil also helps to create glossy, healthy, more manageable hair. I enjoy using this on my hair when it is straight, occasionally using on my eyebrows before plucking. I like that Guys products are created here in Britain and that all of his ingredients are of the highest quality. Its definitely a brand that deserves much more recognition.
Ingredients: Organic Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Dulcis), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera), Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis), Organic Blue Atlas Cedarwood Essential Oil (Cedrus Atlantica), Organic Salem Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus Officinalis), Organic Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia)
8. AS APOTHECARY GERANIUM CLEANSING WATER #13 - £28 | Though this is currently out of stock on the Content website, it is available through AS.Apothecary directly here. The A.S stands for Amanda Saurin who is the founder and owner of AS Apoth. I have had the pleasure of having many insightful conversations with her and she really is a beautiful woman inside and out, as well as extremely intelligent and incredibly passionate. It's her passion and kindness that makes me really enjoy her brand that much more! It is honestly a pleasure to buy anything from her. The AS.Apothecary distilled Geranium Aromatic Water is the first product i ever tried by Amanda, it is a delicate yet powerful cleansing water enhanced with distilled Witchhazel to help tackle acne, while clarifying and balancing out the skin. It is especially suitable for those with acne prone and greasy skin. This beautiful cleansing water acts as a cleansing solution and toner in one (similar to this, but much easier to get in the UK). The Geraniums used are grown in Cyprus and Sussex, and distilled by AS.Apothecary themselves. You really are paying for the farm-to-your-face experience. It has a very delicate and mild scent, which i find really refreshing and therapeutic. I also adore this mixed with the Mineral Powder 2, which makes a beautiful detoxifying face mask.
US Stockists: Seed To Serum $40 Link
US Stockists: Seed To Serum $40 Link
Ingredients: Steam distilled Geranium Pelargonium graveolens, steam distilled Witch Hazel Hammamelis virginiana, Eco preservative Benzyl alcohol Salicylic acid Sorbic acid.
9. PAI ROSEHIP BIOREGENERATE OIL - £22 | The Pai BioRegenerate Rosehip Oil is the face oil that started my face oil obsession! It is a Trans-Retinoic Acid oil that helps your skin's natural repair function. It has the power of retinol but without the irritation. Packed full of natural vitamin E, it helps to refine the appearance of damaged skin and fine lines. Rosehip oil is the ultimate skin multi-tasker, and with regular use it helps to condition the skin, reduce pigmentation and improve the skins firmness and elasticity. It really is a wonderful anti-ageing miracle oil that is suitable for all skin types, and an oil i cannot live without. What sets the Pai rosehip oil apart from the rest is that they use the highest potency Rosehip BioRegenerate™ which is concentrated fruit rosehip oil. Fruit oil actually has five times the carotenoids of rosehip seed oil, making Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate oil far more powerful than simple cold pressed Rosehip seed oils. This oil warms up beautifully in the palm of your hands, and absorbs perfectly into the skin. Every time i use this i wake up to balanced, plump, nourished and hydrated skin. This has been a constant repurchase for years and will continue to be until the day Pai stops making it, which i hope is never! I have had a few of my followers comment and say that they dislike the scent of rosehip oil, it can be an adjustment at first especially if you are not used to natural skincare, but after a few uses you become accustomed to the scent (i personally don't mind it) and the skin results are definitely worth it! If scent is something that bothers you but you want similar effects from rosehip oil then i highly recommend either this, or this.
US Stockists: $40 via Pai USA,
Ingredients: rosa canina (rosehip CO2) seed extract*, rosa canina (rosehip CO2) fruit extract*, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin e) *Certified Organic by the Soil Association (Organically produced 99.8% of product).
10. LINA HANSON GLOBAL TREASURES - £86 | This luxurious green beauty balm is decadent in every sense. I loved this so much that it got a mention in my 2016 yearly favourites, which you can read here. Lina spent a couple of centuries travelling all around the world to find the most exquisite treasures to create this beautiful balm-like potion. Unique in colour being a beautiful green (which it inherits its colour from the matcha green tea) and real 24k gold flecks, its a lovely luxurious treat for your skin and your mood. Packed full of powerful antioxidants to help soften wrinkles, restore elasticity, stimulate and rejuvenate skin cells, it helps to nourish and brighten dull and uneven skin-tones. Though this balm is dedicated for the eye and neck, its just too nice to not use over the entire face. However it does contain Shea Butter, which can be pore clogging. Matcha Green Tea is great for its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying benefits. It also helps to stimulate and rejuvenate skin cells and helps protect your skin from free-radical sun damage. Helping to soothe sore and puffy eyes and even sunburn. Pearl is a Chinese ingredient used to help accelerate new skin growth, increasing the skins elasticity and regenerating collagen. 24 K Gold has mixed opinions in the beauty industry, however for centuries many cultures have believed gold has powerful natural antioxidant healing benefits for the skin. It's also a natural skin rejuvenator that is said to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, improve blood circulation and brighten the skin. Coffee is what helps give this balm its beautiful rich scent (i could stick my nose in this heavenly pot all day). Coffee is packed with antioxidants that helps to improve circulation, de-puffing tired eyes and helping to plump up the skin and diminish dark circles. Each and every balm by Lina is handcrafted in the USA and is 100% natural and organic.
Ingredients: 100% Natural / Organic / Handcrafted Camellia Sinensis (Thea) Seed Oil,* Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter,* Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil,* Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter,* Citrullus Lanatus (Kalahari Melon) Seed Oil,** Pearl Powder, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Powder,* Tocopherol**** , Gold, Coffea Arabica (Coffee Bean) Oil,* Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Bean Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin) Oil,* Limonene*** *Organic ** Wild Harvested ***Naturally occurring in essential oils. **** Non-gmo
US Stockists: $105 via Lina Hanson, The Detox Market, Credo Beauty & Integrity Botanicals
So those are 10 of my must have products from Content Beauty & Wellbeing. I will of course be sharing another post or two with more skincare products i recommend, and i just had to share with you a few products from Content i am currently lusting after.
Content ship worldwide. Standard shipping in the UK is free over £30. I personally am very impatient and always use the UK Next weekday delivery for £5.95. They also offer a Saturday delivery for £8.50 if you work throughout the week. Deliveries to Europe are also free and take around 3-10 working days, allowing up to 21 working days for delivery. International deliveries (excluding mainland China) are free via Standard Delivery, approximately 5-14 working days. Allowing up to 21 working days for delivery. When i have used standard delivery it has arrived the same week, so i have always had a lovely experience which is why i am a repeat customer.
Here is the list of some of the products i am currently lusting after (just some lol) as these are the ones intend to add to my skincare cupboard over the next few months......
De Mamiel Brightening Cleanser & Exfoliate - Link
Idil Botanicals Celestine Azulene Facial Oil - Link
Kahina Giving Toning Mist - Link
Kypris Moonlight Catalyst - Link
La Belle Lune Organic Skin - Link
Odacite Synergie Immediete Skin Perfecting Beauty Masque - Link
Odacite Pe + C Combination Skin Booster - Link
Oskia Bedtime Beauty Boost - Link
Tata Harper Clarifying Moisturiser - Link
Trilogy Age Proof Coq10 Booster Oil - Link
Vintners Daughter Active Botanical Serum - Link
(though i probably cannot afford this beauty until next year lol).
(though i probably cannot afford this beauty until next year lol).
Honestly my content wishlist could go on forever and ever (you should see my notes section on my phone). However the above products are the ones im lusting after the most and am looking to purchase first. I will be heading off to London at the end of the month for the Jane Scrivner and Jordan Samuel skincare meet up. I will be finally meeting the wonderful Jane and also meeting other skincare addicts i have been networking with through Instagram. Following on from the event i will be visiting the Content Beauty Store in person to take in the ambiance & atmospher. It will be so nice to be able to actually touch and smell everything, as well as finally meeting some of the lovely members of staff i've been networking with through Instagram over the past year. Plus i'm super excited to take lots of photos! If you are about London i highly recommend popping in.
Do you have any favourite products from Content Beauty? I cannot wait to share part 2 with you all.
Do you have any favourite products from Content Beauty? I cannot wait to share part 2 with you all.
Thanks for Reading Lovelies
*This post may contain some PR Samples which are marked with an (*)
*Disclaimer - I only add links to websites i personally recommend or use.